Hey there!!! I’m Angie, Mo’s sister and I blog at Mom,Miles, and Mishaps. She invited me to come on over and guest post here and give my view of the petite life. Let’s spend a little time this Sunday and chat about clothes. But first, a little about me…
I’m a wife …
I’m a mom…
I’m a Physician Assistant (sorry…..no pics of that!!). Pssst…don’t know what I do or what that is….check it out.
I’m a “runner” that typically looks like this (after work of course)..
I am petite by definition (5 foot 2 and a half) but I am no size 0!! I don’t fit in the traditional petite mold for many reasons:
- My legs are longer (and therefore has left me high waisted) and petite pants look awful on me!
- I have broad shoulders (thanks to swimming and lifting) and petite shirts fit weird and look funny on me.
- I’m 43..really pushing 44, and my old ass has no business is a petite skirt/dress. It’s too short!
So, why are you here, Angie? Well…I guess to show the other petite girls like me that we can pull it off in the regular world with-
- Regular pants
- Regular skirts/dresses
- Regular shirts
If you have body drama like me (that’s what I call it), then you will understand my perspective. Regular petite clothes don’t always look the best for me. I am not as stylish and fancy as my sister but I do have my own likes and style it how it works for me.
When Mo asked me to post, I have to be honest…I wasn’t really going to be at my best, stylistically speaking. My family and I were on our way to Miami for a basketball game..to watch University of Miami take on Louisville. So, I opted for comfort maybe a little over style. I mean we had a 4 hour drive from outside of Tampa to Miami! However, keeping that in mind, I knew that I had to look better than decent because in the 305..you are “keeping up with the Gonzalez’s” (not Joneses because we are in Miami). And I can freely say this because I am from Miami and I married a Cuban-American! #boom
The road down I opted for this…
My dislikes: the “don’t stand to close to particular lighting because we can probably see through them” leggings. Why do they make them this way??
A few things about how I pick “stuff”:
- I need to be comfortable in them!
- I struggle with finding the balance between “you look like a busted can of biscuits or a stuffed sausage” and “it looks like you have a potato sack on”. I want them to fit but not too well!
- I want so desperately to look good in infinit scarves and I’m going to continue until I do!
- What I don’t necessarily pick in clothes (see #2), I think I make up in spades in accessories. I am a junkie…JUNKIE for earrings, rings, necklaces, bracelets…you get the point!
- I don’t care WHERE the clothes come from or what LABEL they are…as long as they are cheap so I may rock them on my budget!
My return home outfit apparently looks very familiar (I swear I didn’t plan it this way!)
My likes: the coral color of the Kimono. This was one of the first “stepping out of the black” items I bought like 3 years ago. Love it!
My dislikes: my wide shoulders make this thing fall off a lot. But I’m still wearing it!
And my favorite necklace
from Alex and Ani Guardian Collection. Double chin, btw…#mine
There you have it…nothing too spectacular but a good place to start. Maybe I’ll knock your socks off at a letter date…who knows?!?!😉
Thanks for reading!!
Oh…if your like to visit with me more, you can find me